Thursday, September 2, 2010

Spandex and Rabit Food.

The sudden realization that I have less than 2 months until my wedding has just sunk in. For some reason this has caused both incredible excitement as well as horror. Despite the fact that Roger has seen me naked many times I am vain enough to feel the necessity to get to my "ideal weight" before our wedding. Apart from amputation this is a physically impossible feat. I am only 5 foot tall so, according to my BMI, I should weigh 125lbs or less. I don't think I have weighed that since I started kindergarten.

I spent this morning in a crazed blur researching crash diets and killer exercise programs just to support my vanity. The scary part is that I actually found plans that promise to make me lose the weight with time to spare. They called for exacting measurements of food and Olympic training routines. It all reminded me of hanging out with my friend Randi when she was trying to make weight. There was a time she was so hungry I offered her part of my orange and she went and weighed it too see how much it would up her total weight while it was in her stomach.

After a few hours my common sense kicked in and I closed out all of the browsers. It took me 19 years to gain this weight and I am not going to lose it all in a month. I sat and typed up my goals for working out and made a plan to do to lose the weight.

1. Go for a run every other day. Every run lasts roughly 30 minutes.
2. On alternating days do 100 sit ups, and push ups.
3. Drink at least 3 cups of water a day.
4. Before eating drink a glass of water and wait 15 minutes to see if I am hungry still.
5. Cook all the meals instead of eating out.
6. Only one soda a week.

This should be enough to get started. Focus on the inside, and the outside will follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment